Seton's Message Board of the Arts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site where our talented Seton students can meet

3 posters

Welcome Everyone!

PunkPianist360
    PunkPianist360
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2009-02-08

Welcome Everyone! Empty Welcome Everyone!

Post  PunkPianist360 Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 pm

Greetings Setoners,

Since I'm a musician myself, I decided to think about all the others that do Seton! Now for the rules:

The following must be kept when in the public view of others on the board out of respect for everyone on the board:

1. Job Descriptions
    a.) Administrators
    -Oversee all sections of the board
    -Oversee all other moderators
    -Take care of any technical problems that may occur

b.) Global Moderators
    - Oversee all sections of the board

2. Rule Changes
    Rules are subject to change without previous warning.

3. Moderation
    a.) Threads can be locked, deleted, stickied, made invisible and moved without any notification.
    b.) The staff will only modify threads/posts to remove objectionable content in severe cases. Otherwise, only thread subject names may be modified to match other thread subject lines for continuity.
    c.) Anything the moderators and administrators say is final. If they edit your post, that's final. No point in arguing.

4. Profanity
    Offensive language is unacceptable. Simply editing a few letters with an asterisk or other symbols isn't allowed either. All letters of an offensive word must be edited out. You don't have to use excessive profanity to get your point across, and it's usually better to avoid it altogether. Profanity in posts will be edited out.

5. PMs
    We're not concerned about what you do in PMs; that's your business. However, if you're being harassed, or flooded with spam or inappropriate materials, that is our business. Be sure to let us know if you have any problems or issues concerning this. And please... keep the evidence, don't delete it.

6. Respect
    a.) Be respectful. Disagreement over topics, movies, songs, artists, opinions, etc is perfectly fine. Such things should be stated in a polite manner. But, personally attacking or threatening other individuals for any reason will not be tolerated. This has been a huge problem at other boards as well. Let's try to set an example by being civil to one another even when there's disagreements. Everyone will not like the same things, hobbies, sports, genres, etc. What you may like may not be what someone else likes. Remember this. Agree to disagree.
    b.) Posting obviously insulting, inappropriate, or inflammatory comments will not be tolerated. When it is obvious that this is deliberate, a warning will be issued.

7. Images/News/Media
    a.) There will be no posting of offensive or inappropriate photos. If the content of a photo may be questionable, think twice about posting; such pictures are not allowed in posts, signatures, or avatars.
    b.) If you're posting a news item, please don't forget to post a credible link to your source. That way, you don't get blamed if it turns out to be false.

8. Violation Of Rules
    a.) If you find a post that is in violation of the rules, please bring it to the attention of our staff and appropriate action will be taken.
    b.) Warnings will be given for violation of all rules. A maximum of three warnings can be given to one individual before a banning is instituted.
    c.) A permanent ban will only be given in the event of an extreme violation.

If any of the above are ignored, the user will be sent a warning and the next time he/she will be banned for a minimum of 2 days. I don’t want to ban anybody, out of respect for each other and to keep the peace of our Seton Music family, follow these rules.

Thank you and enjoy the site!
    Paul
    chopin's lil rosebud
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Number of posts : 27

Welcome Everyone! Empty Re: Welcome Everyone!

Post  chopin's lil rosebud Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 pm

PunkPianist360 wrote:
    Out of respect for each other and to keep the peace of our Seton Music family, follow these rules.

That has a cute ring to it. I like it. Mr. Green
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 183

Post  Angus Young Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am

is crap considered a curse word?
    PunkPianist360
    PunkPianist360
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 59

Post  PunkPianist360 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am

Nah, it's a clean version of sh*t

it's fine, it I find anything I don't like I'll just tell you Wink
    Angus Young
    Angus Young
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 183

Post  Angus Young Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:06 pm

PunkPianist360 wrote:Nah, it's a clean version of sh*t

it's fine, it I find anything I don't like I'll just tell you Wink

ok thanks

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:37 pm